

Do we even have enough mistletoe? NO!

A failing:


SOLO has not been able to enjoy the great outdoors because I'm an overprotective mom. But, I feel justified; we have two psycho dogs that live on one side of us and two yappy, annoying pups on the other. If she encountered any of this, she'd bolt. I wouldn't be able to catch her! The thought of never seeing her again makes me so ill. So, we tried to harness the darness, but it did not work. And now she doesn't trust me. Awesome. I don't want to deprive her of going outside, but it's going to have to be a strict supervised visitation type thing. I don't know what I'm doing. Sometimes, I feel I'm still winging it. Should I keep trying with the harness?
On Saturday eve, we went to the AC/AC Holiday Art Sale. It was pretty 'meh', but I can see it getting better from here on out. I think next year, I may submit something myself. Sugar skulls, maybe? It's never too early (or late?) to get your Dias de los Muertos on, right? I did buy a moss wreath from Pearl:

I've already incorporated it:

ATM got me this lovely tote. I wonder if it comes in "North"?

I spent my Saturday night happily test-baking. I love cinnamon rolls, but I've been cured of my desire for a good minute. If there was anything wrong with them, it was that they were too delicious. It made for happy holiday times in our little household:


We've been a one-car household. Until yesterday afternoon, that is! This guy fixed the Volvo! Cute.

7 comments:
THE LEASH! I can't get over it. Poor CATS! How humiliating....
Safety first!
I love cinnamon rolls. And liquor carts. Good job!
I thought the ACAC thing was swell! They had me at "Would you like some cider?" Neat little space with holiday cheer abounding. I was impressed... mostly I was happy to be inside and warm and surrounded by friendly faces, yours included!
I REALLY wanted one of Kushmaul's paintings... the river one. It will be mine someday... when I can afford such gorgeous things!
Alannah: She hasn't been the same since that day. I don't know what to do!
Nicole: All Kushmauls are sold before they even open the doors. Crazy, huh? I'm just gonna have to call him and ask him for one.
How great to have your very own driveway with nice concrete runners for car repairs! And for the record, I think you're the first person I've ever seen actually USE those delightful state plates--like me, everybody else just displays them like a circular ceramic travelog.
Poor Solo. I know she's a wild thing but I also know the real danger of the new hood. She may act different but she still trusts and loves you.
Your house is a home. Warm, inviting and festive. You're making mine look bachelor pad. At least it makes me want to try harder.
How am I gonna get the guy under your mistletoe?
I have a volvo too! Looks the same! omg, sorry, I got so excited - i'm so proud of my volvo, it's saved my life many a times that box of steel. Mine's a deep blood red - love it! Plus i'm addicted to your blog just so you know ;) you and ATM (husband I assume? no?) are so adorable, and I love the bohemian style of your home! :) Oh, and try taking SOLO outside of your home and show her some food on your patio or somewhere and then let her run around for a while. Cats will always come back to where they know there is food :)
Eloisa, welcome! Thank you for the kind comments! I totally love blogging and am working on developing my writing and having more substance, even if it is a personal blog. ATM & I are unmarried, but it's just a matter of time!
Volvos (or Ovlov, as we call it) rule!
I can't wait to read your blog.
Post a Comment